Use the Tweet Editor to mention, reply and Direct Message (DM) users from any of your authenticated accounts from within Audiense.
- A Tweet is any message containing up to 140 characters.
- A mention is any Tweet that contains an @username in the body of the text but not at the start of the Tweet.
- A reply is any Tweet that starts with an @username.
- A Direct Message is a private message sent to a follower and which does not appear in your timeline.
Direct Message – Twitter limits
- Maximum DMs per day – Please read DM Campaigns – Best Practices and follow our recommendations, most of which are valid both for DM campaigns and individual DMs.
- Maximum 10 000 characters per message.
Remember that Rule Builder also allows you to automatically mention and/or send a DM to those users who satisfy predetermined criteria.
Access the Tweet Editor:
Click the quill icon on the top menu bar.
The default Tweet Editor will open, i.e. no recipients are added to the Tweet text.
You can send the same Tweet from several of your authenticated accounts. Add other accounts using the select accounts drop-down menu.
Compose your Tweet, add recipients and optionally add an image, then click send Tweet.
Check the send as Direct Message box to modify the Tweet Editor to the DM editor.
You can send the same DM from several of your authenticated accounts. Add other accounts using the select accountsdrop-down menu.
Add the recipients @usernames, compose your DM, then click send Direct Message.
You can uncheck the send as Direct Message box to return the DM editor to the Tweet Editor.
How to add recipients to your Tweet or DM
There are various options:
1. Manually complete the @username in the editor. Audiense will open a drop-down menu to help you select the user.
If the Tweet Editor is not already open it will open automatically if you add recipients as in steps 2 or 3 above.