How to use the Targeting Pack data
The Targeting Pack consists of 6 sheets: Summary, Cities, Facebook & Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and Google Ads & DSPs.
This is how you can apply the data from the targeting pack on each one of the channels:
This is optional! But if you are looking to get granular add these cities (when relevant) in the different campaign managers for each channel.
Facebook and Instagram
Copy and paste affinities from the Facebook & Instagram section of the targeting pack and paste them into Facebook Advertising Interests. If you have a niche audience we would recommend between 10-100 names.
- As normal, go to ‘create an ad’ in Facebook ads manager. When asked to select an audience select ‘create new audience’
- Copy Column A from the Facebook sheet of the targeting pack (names and commas) and paste into Facebook Detailed Targeting.
- Adjust targeting data/proposal depending on your own budget - This could mean removing some pages/ handles.
- Pay attention to the audience size and reach, and adjust accordingly
- Review the pasted names ID. Review data once pasted into Facebook. Some names may be too generic (data is great but a human eye will help perfect this targeting)
If the input pages don't have any match, we recommend you to change the baseline to a country based baseline (ie: Global, UK). This can happen sometimes in segments where the unique affinities are very niche, and Facebook doesn't provide that granular type of targeting.
If your pages are quite large, and depending on your desired reach, we may suggest an approach like below. You may want to add 1 affinity at a time, select ‘narrow further’ to define the audience as following 1 interest + another interest + another interest. Instead of bulk pasting 10-50 accounts where the audience will need to follow anyone, here we are narrowing the audience down.
You can use our Tailored Audiences 1-click integration within Audiense, or use followers targeting in ads.twitter.com to increase relevant reach.
- Tailored audiences:
Connect Audiences via Twitter Tailored Audiences and use lookalikes to expand reach if necessary, or target the following 100 followers via lookalikes at ads.twitter.com
- Handle targeting (creating BETTER lookalikes)
When you are ready to create your twitter ad in ads.twitter.com. Create your campaign as normal and when it comes to adding the targeting you are able to do the following:
- Copy the top Twitter 50-100 handles shown within the targeting pack
- Under Audience features> Keywords, events, follower look-alikes etc…. > press bulk upload
- Ensure the drop-down is selected to follower-lookalikes (not keywords/interests)
- Paste the 50-100 handles here.
Using Google ads manager you can create youtube ads to appear associated with certain youtube pages. To do this:
- Create your campaign and ad group as normal.
- Copy the relevant Youtube Channels from the Targeting pack
- Go to placements in the ads manager -
- Here you will be able to paste the list of youtube links and add them to a specific adgroup for your campaign
Google ads and DSPs
Google Ads, Google DV260 or any DSP’s have the option to enter placements or URLs for you to target visitors of those pages. Indeed, Google provides the ability to copy and paste a large amount of URLs so that Google Ads can do the job and match it to an addressable audience. Just copy and paste dozens of relevant websites that appear in the targeting pack as an input for your display campaigns in the Google Ads Network.
To use this targeting, when you are creating or editing a Google Ads Campaign, click on Content Targeting:
Once you expand that selection, click on Enter Multiple Placements.
From here you can copy and paste directly into the field from the excel spreadsheet taking into account your desired reach.
Depending on the desired reach you can adjust the targeting expansion.