To provide visibility to your experience, please follow the below steps:
- Create private message intent link
- Once you have this link, make it more visual by creating a Website Card or Direct message card. *We recommend the direct message card for a better experience but this will only work for users with paid Twitter Ads account.*
- Tweet it and Pin your Tweet to your timeline will mean users will see this when they view your Timeline.
- Promote your Tweet using Twitter Ads.
*Remember you can always promote this link on other social networks and email campaigns*
What is a Private Message link?
This is a link you can send in a tweet which will take users to your direct message page. The below are examples of what this will look like.
How to create a Private Message link?
In your chatbot experiences dashboard. Go to your chatbots and select Actions > Get Chatbot link
Your private message link will then appear, Copy to clipboard.
Please note the link will only be available once the chatbot experience is active.
Website Card for direct message intent link
*We recommend the direct message card for a better experience but this will only work for users with paid Twitter Ads account.*
Firstly you will need a Twitter ID. You can get by clicking into More > Twitter Ads. This will open a twitter ads page for you (for your account).
Part of the URL of this page will give you your ID (see image below). Copy this You will then need to insert the ID into the following link: https://ads.twitter.com/cards_manager/ID/cards/WEBSITE?lang=en
At this webpage you will need to select 'create card'. and select website card. You then will need:
- To upload an image for your card,
- Give it a headline (so something like - click here to subscribe to opt-in to receive content)
- Website URL= Message intent link
- Card Name: Then just a name for your card
Direct message Card for direct message intent link*We recommend the direct message card for a better experience but this will only work for users with paid Twitter Ads account.*
Before you can create a Direct Message Card, you must have a chatbot in Twitter Direct Messages.
- Log in to ads.twitter.com and select Cards under the Creatives menu.
- Click the Create Card button and select either image or video Direct Message Card
- Upload or select your media — image or video
- Indicate the number of buttons (i.e. calls-to-action) you want; you can have up to four.
- Enter the text for each button. Emojis are supported.
- Enter the Welcome ID (this is private message intent link that you can find in Audiense)
- Enter your card name and create the Direct message Card.
This was taken from Twitter's help desk: https://business.twitter.com/en/help/campaign-setup/Create_DM_Card.html
Pin your tweet
A pinned tweet is a tweet that appears at the top of your timeline and is the first tweet users will see when visiting your timeline.
Pin a Tweet:
- Go to your Twitter profile.
- Select the tweet you wish to pin.
- Click the button on the right-hand side of the tweet.
- You will be presented with a drop down. Select 'pin to your profile page'
Unpin a Tweet:
- Go to your Twitter profile.
- From the pinned tweet Click the button on the right-hand side of the tweet.
- You will be presented with a drop down. Select 'unpin from profile page'