You can add an extra layer of security to your Audiense account by turning on two-factor authentication (2FA) also known as two-step verification. 2FA means that, even if your password is compromised or stolen, only you can log in to your account.
This feature uses the Google Authenticator mobile app and it requires you to sign in to your Audiense account not only with your username and password but also with a Google Authenticator code from your mobile device. Each code has a one-time use and a new code is generated every 30 seconds.
Set up Google Authenticator and 2FA for your Audiense account
- Step 1: Install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device
Follow Google’s Install Google Authenticator guide to complete installation on your device.
- Step 2: Set up Google Authenticator in Audiense
2. Open the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device and scan the QR code or manually enter your secret code into the app.
3. Enter the 6-digit code received from the app into the code field in your Audiense dashboard and then click submit.
4. You will see verification that 2FA has been implemented successfully.
5. IMPORTANT. Click copy your recovery codes to a text file to see alternative recovery codes that will allow you to access your account if, for whatever reason, your phone is not available. Make sure you print or save these codes in a secure location.
- Step 3: Sign in to Audiense with 2FA
1. Go to dashboard.audiense.com.
2. Enter your Audiense username and password and click sign in.
3. Open Google Authenticator on your mobile device and then enter your 6-digit authentication code into the two-factor authentication panel and click verify.
Sign in without your Google Authenticator code
If your mobile device is unavailable for any reason, e.g. broken, lost, stolen, left at home, you can still sign in to Audiense using a recovery code.
- Go to dashboard.audiense.com.
- Enter your Audiense username and password and click sign in.
- Click enter a two-factor recovery code and enter one of your recovery codes you saved in Step 2.5 above.
Revoke Google Authenticator access
You can disable 2FA for your Audiense account at any time. To do this click the cogwheel icon on the right of the top menu bar to open s ettings. Click the security tab and then click the revoke access button.
For Android users. If your Google Authenticator codes aren’t working, you may need to sync the app on your mobile device.
- Open the main menu in the Google Authenticator app.
- Tap settings.
- Tap time correction for codes.
- Tap sync now.
If you require us to deactivate 2FA because of accessibility problems (perhaps you have changed phone and lost 2FA parameters and don’t have your recovery codes) then you will need to prove your identity to us. This is for your benefit and will prevent a hacker from supplanting your identity and gaining control of your Audiense account. To verify your identity we require a photo of your identity card or similar.