Follow these steps below to learn how to create an audience based on people who are using a specific hashtag/keyword in their tweets.
You can do this in either Audiense Connect or Audiense Insights, however be advised the latter is limited to 20K tweets in the last 30 days.
Follow the steps to create a Monitoring
Please note: this will depend on if you have this feature available, so do enquire if you don't.
- Create a new Intelligence report
- Name the report
- Define the audience type based on Conversations
- Enter the hashtags/keywords you are interested in
- Select a segmentation type
- Affinity - those who follow similar accounts: shows segments with inferred interests based on the type of accounts they follow
- Interconnectivity - those who are connected within the audience, follow each other: shows segments with inferred interests based on connections (why they are connected)
- Click Next and launch your report
Our Conversations feature is not the same as Social Listening, as does not monitor conversations, but will show you the audience using those hashtags/keywords. Also, please bear in mind, this method of creating a report is limited to 20K tweets in the last 30 days.
For monitoring conversations with a broader time stamp, we advise you run a social listening query, export the authors and upload them to Insights to understand the audience.
You can read this article on how to upload conversations to Audiense Insights here
Finding the people behind the conversations about your brand, competitors, or a specific subject, as well as understanding them and finding ways to better engage with them.