As you create your reports, you will experience that some reports can be really quick and only take up to 5 mins, whilst others will take about one or two hours to be available. However, there are 2 main factors that will determine your report generation time: report audience size and report creation method/definition complexity. Always bear in mind that Insights reports will cap the audience to 250,000 members (sample size).
For example if you have used the Followers of filter to include more than one @account, where there are millions of followers, and other criteria such as Location, then we are retrieving followers of, but capping this to the sample size, but also filtering by locations (so you have to take into account the exclusions it has to make from the millions of followers of each account). The more complex the criteria, there is a chance the report will take longer to generate.
What types of reports generate within 5 minutes?
You will experience a much shorter generation time on those reports that meet the following criteria:
- Audience size is smaller than 20,000 members
- The audience for the report has been defined via one of the following methods:
- File upload: Custom txt, Meltwater or Sysomos format (social listening authors)
- Conversations: audiences based on their recent use of hashtags, keywords and URLs
- Meltwater search: available to Meltwater and Audiense customers
- The audience has been created in Audiense Connect first and uploaded to Audiense Insights
- You are creating a report with the members of a segment from another report
- If you are a Pulsar and Audiense customer and requested the report from Pulsar
- Your report is based on one accounts' followers only
Find out more: Audiense Insights report generation time